The ILU-Code is used for the identification of swap-bodies and semi-trailers in the European area (please note that ISO containers require a BIC-Code!). In order to ensure the course of the transport and the security, third parties (partners of the transport chain, Customs, fire brigade, etc.) need to rely on the information regarding the owners registered in the databank. During the reservation, a verification is carried out to make sure that the requesting company has a legitimate interest in registering an owner key for ILU-Codes (for details, pls. check the General Terms, FAQ).
The reservation of an ILU-Code is executed in three steps:
STEP 1 - PRE-REGISTRATION
- Register your company, choose an username and password.
- As administrator of the ILU-Code, the UIRR will verify the legal existence of your company and verify if all conditions of registration for an ILU-Code are satisfied.
- You will receive an email confirming the activation of your account.
STEP 2 - CHOICE OF AN ILU-CODE
- With your login and password enter the Customer Area (available on the right).
- Choose the option 'Reserve a Code'.
- Choose your 'ILU-Code Owner-key' (4 letters).
- Pay via bank transfer. Initial fee of 250 €.
STEP 3 - ALLOCATION OF THE ILU-CODE
- After receipt of payment, you will receive a confirmation of payment and the ILU-Code Owner-Key certificate.
- With the official certificate, you may mark all your European intermodal loading units.